The tracking flow is Google Analytics specific and based on following Product and Promotion actions
- click: A click on a product or product link for one or more products.
- detail: A view of product details.
- add: Adding one or more products to a shopping cart.
- remove: Remove one or more products from a shopping cart.
- checkout: Initiating the checkout process for one or more products.
- checkout_option: Sending the option value for a given checkout step.
- purchase: The sale of one or more products.
- refund: The refund of one or more products.
- promo_click: A click on an internal promotion.
Transfer the steps to a diagram, the e-commerce flow can looks like following:
To measure the product clicks each HTML item should contain the following parameters:
- Product ID
- Product Name
- Position in the list
- Product Category (optional, on category pages will be measured automatically)
The parameters can be placed in HTML product item container including class name “product-item”:
<div|li|a class="product-item" data-product-id="12312" data-product-name="TITLE" data-list-position="1" data-list-name="Shop New Items" data-category="Furnitute">
<img width="233" height="233" />
On WooCommerce WordPress the following plugin can be used to measure the product clicks: Tealium-GA-Enhanced-E-Commerce-Tracking-for-WooCommerce. Detailed description will be placed in the following article Tealium iQ WordPress Plugin for WooCommerce Tracking with GA Enhanced Ecommerce